Keeping food fresher for longer
Most of us tend to buy a lot of food hoping we won’t have to go to the market too often. Keeping food fresh seems to be a problem; we sometimes might forget about it in the fridge and remember only when it’s too late.
Cleaning your fridge every once in a while and checking the food’s validity is a good idea. But some problems as ants and bad smells just have to have a solution. You don’t have to throw everything away; there are some solutions for keeping your food nice and healthy. Here follow some tips on keeping your food fresh for longer.
1) Some cloves spread around your kitchen – under the sink, cupboards, fridge and in the storeroom will keep ants away.
2) Bay leaves placed near pasta, flour, grains (rice) and around other packs preferred by insects will keep them away. Don’t forget to replace the old bay leaves with new ones about every three months.
3) Placing some potato or lemon slices in the fridge will keep the bad smells away by absorbing them. Changing the potatoes slices in two days or the lemon slices once a week will keep those unpleasant smells away.
4) Eggs placed upside down will keep them fresh for a longer period.
5) Adding a couple of sugar cubes in the jar where grated hard cheese is kept will absorb the moisture formed there and keep the cheese from getting bad.
6) Storing tomatoes and cucumbers in the same drawer isn’t such a good idea unless they’re placed in separate bags. Cucumbers tend to rot faster if held in the same drawer as tomatoes without being separated. Tomatoes give out some gases that make the cucumbers rot.
7) Apples are not to be stored in the same place as all the other fruits and vegetables from your fridge. The same as tomatoes, apples give out gases that affect the “green” items around.
8) By placing some apple or potato slices in the bread compartment you’ll make sure that it keeps fresh for longer. Keeping bread in the fridge is also a good idea.
9) Radishes kept with some cold water in a bowl will be fresher and crisper for longer.
- Nuts are a natural barrier against cardiac diseases
- Health from lettuces
- 5 major mistakes in our daily alimentation
- The best food against obesity
- Best Vegetable Choppers Reviews
- Best Air Fryers Reviews
- Best Must have Kitchen Appliances
- Best Blenders Reviews
- Best Range Hood Kitchen Vent Reviews